R Gledhill Ltd was founded on 29th April 1936 by Ronald Gledhill, with the express purpose of producing woollen spun yarns. To facilitate this he acquired Pingle Mill, situated in the village of Delph on the Yorkshire border. Textile manufacturing has been carried out at Pingle Mill since 1777. Over the past 70 years the company has expanded the factory and is constantly updating its machinery. During this period the capacity of the plant has been increased whilst maintaining its versatility, allowing the production of a varied selection of woollen yarns.
In order to offer a wider and improved service to our customers, further investment was undertaken in 2000. A state of the art loose stock dyeing plant was installed which has recently had the addition of pressurised yarn dyeing pots. In 2005 the testing lab was re-equipped to ensure correct specifications are maintained throughout production, all to reinforce our reputation as a top class woollen yarn manufacturer.
The business continues to be owned and run by the Gledhill family from the same site in Delph and the next generation look forward to the challenges of the future.